Jay Baer is a marketing and customer experience expert, global keynote speaker, the New York Times bestselling author of five books, a technology investor, and the most retweeted person in the world among digital marketers. He and his consulting firm, Convince & Convert, advise some of the most iconic brands and organizations in the world, including The United Nations, Oracle, SAP, and Cabela’s. He is also a contributor to Inc., Entrepreneur, and Forbes. His Convince & Convert Media division produces the world’s #1 content marketing blog, and Jay’s Social Pros podcast was recently named best marketing podcast by the Content Marketing Awards.
Today, we talk to Jay about his new book, “Hug Your Haters”, leading remote teams, and keeping your marriage and family in tact when career requires travel.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- Why Customer service is the new marketing
- Details around the ‘Hatrix” from Jay’s book, “Hug Your Haters”
- The difference between onstage and off-stage haters
- The difference between haters that want an answer vs those that want an audience
- Why customer service is a spectator sport
- Why you should never reply more than twice on a public forum
- The missing ingredients to customer service
- The power of empathy and humanity in yielding better customer outcomes
- The simple way to increase customer advocacy by over 30%
- Who the single most important customer you have are
- How the biggest opportunity today is to simply engage with people online
- Putting your content to the “mom test”
- Techniques for working with remote teams
- The secret of hiring for passion, training for skills
- Why you should avoid hiring those that require a lot of encouragement
- Ideas for mentoring employees to advance their own careers
- How you can dimensionalize fears to change the impact of pressure
- Contending a career that requires extensive traveling
- The mentality of letting things play out
- Effective leadership like water inspires and empowers
- and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Jay’s newest book: Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers
Jay’s consulting company, ConvinceAndConvert.com
Jay’s Twitter: @JayBaer
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Up In Your Business podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions, please shoot me a note on the “Get In Touch” page.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thank you to our guest for joining me for such a great episode. Until next time!