Jeff Brown has been practicing excellence and consistency for the past 29 years behind a microphone; first as an award-winning broadcaster and now as a successful podcaster, business and podcast coach, and speaker.
Since July 2013, Jeff has served as host of the Read to Lead Podcast, a three-time Best Business Podcast nominee, featuring interviews with today’s best business book authors including, Seth Godin, John Maxwell, Gary Vaynerchuk, Simon Sinek, Chris Brogan, Brian Tracy, Dan Miller, and over 100 more.
Jeff and his work have been featured in Inc. and Entrepreneur, the blogs of Seth Godin, Chris Brogan, Jeff Goins and Social Media Explorer, as well as publications like The Nashville Business Journal, The Tennessean, and over 100 other blogs and podcasts.
On this show we discuss the power of reading, lifelong learning, and planning your next career before you need to.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- Learning to read a book a week
- Jeff’s story of becoming a podcaster
- Getting laid off of his job
- Finding peace with a scary place of unemployment
- Podcast shows that Jeff was listening to in the beginning
- Practice excellence with consistency – over time that will pay off
- Learning tricks to calm myself when interviewing influencers
- Sharing with young people how different they world has been afforded them
- Passing on experiences with the next generation
- Being a lifelong learner
- Advancing your career through reading – accelerating yourself over 90% of the competition
- “Be so good that people can’t ignore you” Steve Martin
- Planning your next move of career NOW, before you have to
- Make it a practice to share other people’s work more than your own
- and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Ever work at a standup desk and could use a little support?
With the Focal Upright system, you can be more productive longer, while engaging your full body for a healthier and fun way to work.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left or bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Up In Your Business podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions, please shoot me a note on the “Get In Touch” page.
Join our Private Facebook Group community.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thank you for joining me, until next time!