Aaron T. Walker is about significance. He has inspired many through his leadership, mentorship, and consistent pursuit of excellence. He enjoys helping others and believes experience is a great teacher. 35 years of entrepreneurship and marriage have given Aaron a wealth of experience. Aaron continues to reach new heights and broaden his perspective of the terrain by examining his experiences and growing from them.
We discuss the elements of becoming more than a success, but significant. In addition, Aaron takes me through an assessment he typically does with the clients he coaches.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- Why everyone is afraid
- How we are comfortable reverting into what’s familiar instead of something new
- The 18, 35, 60 rule
- Why it’s more important to fear the missing of an opportunity than failure itself
- The dangers of putting your identity in possessions and titles
- The difference between placing metrics of what’s important to us around finances and success versus relationships
- The unedited assessment of Angus Nelson
- Leadership is the willingness to place yourself under the scrutiny of trusted confidants
- How do you see yourself versus how others see you?
- What is my upper limit challenge? – Can you chase after it instead of run away from it?
- The difference between between significance and success.
- Why relationships are about what you bring and not what you take
- What to do if you’re in a job that’s not where you want to be
- How our attitude is the only thing we have control over
- How questing for the mighty corporate dollar may end up leaving you a rich, old and lonely guy
- Why you need to be nice to people on your way up the corporate ladder because if you fall, you’ll see them on the way down
- Learning how to help people that can’t repay you – focusing on what we can give and not get
- Prioritizing your goals with other people in mind – the more you share, the more successful you are
- Why you should leave a portion of your time to be significant – give to others
- and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Aaron’s Website: ViewFromTheTop.com
The FREE articles Aaron offered on the show: ViewFromTheTop.com/UpInYourBusiness
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Up In Your Business podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions, please shoot me a note on the “Get In Touch” page.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thank you to our guest for joining me for such a great episode. Until next time!