Dr. Henry Cloud works with leaders – a clinical psychologist with an extensive background in both the clinical and professional consulting world, and he has a well-established private practice in California. He is an international in-demand speaker and bestselling author whose titles include: The One-Life Solution , Integrity, Boundaries, Nine Things You Simply Must Do, Changes That Heal, and numerous others. He has been a guest on numerous television and radio shows and written for many publications. He lives in Los Angeles.
On this show, we discuss Dr. Henry Cloud’s newest book, The Power of the Other – the startling effect other people have on you, from the boardroom to the bedroom and beyond – and what you can do about it.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- The Mind/Body problem – How do you get past your current limit?
- The Triangle: your brain, your mind (software), and the relationships you’re in
- Where am I?, Where’s the enemy?, and Where’s my buddy?
- The four corners of relationship
- Why “fourth corner” relationships fuel your brain to the highest performance
- Why the great leaders were always connected
- Go hard on the issue and soft on the person
- The three keys to leading performance: freedom, responsibility, and love
- New patterns of behavior require a relationship with a person
- Pixar rule: “Say it with respect, but say it all”
- The highest performing leaders in the world have someone to speak into their life
- The lowest performers live in a closed circle, the highest, an open system model
- “Every successful person is standing on the top of a big pile of failures”
- That first step will never get you “there”
- The power of feedback in your leadership
- Difference between a fixed mindset or a growth mindset
- The three things your brain works on – Oxygen, glucose and relationship
- The power of clear expectations
- How to have continuous feedback
- When leadership needs to be actionable
- What is the “right kind of push” from the outside
- Why the best way to get over fears is to actually expose yourself to them
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Up In Your Business podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions, please shoot me a note on the “Get In Touch” page.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thank you for joining me, until next time!