Dave Delaney is best recognized for his work in the digital marketing, social media strategy, and business networking spaces. He’s the author of the acclaimed book, New Business Networking, and been featured in Billboard Magazine. This year, Forbes featured him as a professional networking expert to watch and also appeared in articles in USA Today, Entrepreneur, Mashable, and Venture Beat.
On the show today, we’ll discuss Dave’s presentation at Hubspot’s Inbound presentation and improving your life with improv.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- What it was like to work on the musical Hairspray
- About Dave’s company FutureForth
- Speaking at Inbound and “Improve your life with Improv”
- Why you should accept your circumstances and adapt
- The power of “yes, and”
- The importance of listening to your clients
- The courage to overcome the fear of failure
- Why you should prepare additional work before you need it
- Why you shouldn’t quit your job without knowing if your passion project will work
- Why it’s important to ask for help
- What does it mean to have a mentor
- Why you don’t need all of the things you think you need
- The lessons of global travel and experiencing new people
- The importance of following up with the people you meet
- and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Free e-book, Improving Your Life With Improv – use discount code “UIYB“
Dave’s book, New Business Networking
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Up In Your Business podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions, please shoot me a note on the “Get In Touch” page.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thank you to our guest, Dave Delaney, for joining me for such a great episode. Until next time!