Matt Miller started a business and became an entrepreneur out of necessity. His finances weren’t matching his family’s needs and the economy wasn’t pushing business forward. In over the span of a week, four children knocked on his door selling things to raise money for their schools… Matt got an idea.
Today, Matt and his team provide passive fundraising for over 2000 schools in over 23 states. Selling spirit stickers through vending machines, his company is supporting school needs while providing a living for his family.
On this show, we discuss the challenges of building a business, getting a coach, and challenging your own limiting beliefs.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- When the economy changed, I had to change
- Helping schools raise money to support school activities through selling spirit stickers
- Getting into schools were challenging until we got into an education tradeshow
- Learning how to shift to a Franchise model helped
- The speed of the group is set by the speed of the leader
- Coaching helped me, as an outsider, see things I was blind to
- Too many people expect things to change overnight and it’s simply not true
- Using a creative approach to teach positive lessons
- If you have an idea, start moving forward with it
- and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Book: Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! by Robert Kiyosaki
Book: The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
Ever work at a standup desk and could use a little support?
With the Focal Upright system, you can be more productive longer, while engaging your full body for a healthier and fun way to work.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left or bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Up In Your Business podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions, please shoot me a note on the “Get In Touch” page.
Join our Private Facebook Group community.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thank you for joining me, until next time!