Peter Shankman, is an author, a consultant, and an entrepreneur with three companies and multimillion dollar exits under his belt (founder of HARO). He speaks to companies all around the world about how to provide amazing customer service. And his newest book, “Zombie Loyalists: Using Great Service to Create Rabid Fans”. He’s a marketing pundit frequently quoted in major media and trade publications, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Daily News, The Associated Press, Reuters and USA Today.
We discuss the importance of customer service, how we all expect to be treated like crap, and how companies can succeed simply be doing just a little bit better than what customers expect. “You don’t have to find your inner tiger, just suck a little less…”
On this show, you’ll discover how to win over customers, clients, and employees.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How everything has a lifecycle and why you should be looking for the next thing
- How Richard Branson shows exceptional customer service
- Why every person should have to wait tables for two years
- The concept of connectedness
- How customers expect to be created by crap by brands
- Why entrepreneurship is like jumping off a cliff and trying to sew a parachute on the way down
- What you can do to get out of your comfort zone
- Why the next 50 years is going to come down to the competition of customer service
- Why you have to be a decent person, winning a lot more with honey than vinegar
- No one wants you to be perfect, they only want to know that when you make a mistake you’re fixing it
- Why companies need to understand the need for innovation
- How the weirdness that gets you in trouble and beat up in school will eventually make you a lot of money – embrace it
- and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Join our private Up In Your Business Facebook Group.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Up In Your Business podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions, please shoot me a note on the “Get In Touch” page.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks to Peter for joining me for such a great episode. Until next time!