Jason Miller brought a rockstar attitude to his career, he never imagined how much success it would bring.
Author of the Amazon #1 Best Seller Welcome to the Funnel, he leads Global Content Marketing for LinkedIn Marketing Solutions. Prior, he lead company global content and social media efforts for Marketo. But his real passion, music, began with ten years at Sony Music developing and executing marketing campaigns around the biggest names in music.
Jason successfully aligns his personal passions with his career to find fulfilling, creative expression to all he endeavors. And when he’s not building campaigns, creating remarkable content, and tracking the ROI of social, he is winning awards as a concert photographer, singing 80’s metal karaoke, and Seinfeld trivia phenom.
Today, discover why your passion projects are critical to fueling to your career, and personal life satisfaction.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- What a little bit of ambition can do to transition a career
- If you have the passion, everything else can be learned
- How bringing your personality and passion to work creates opportunities and creativity
- Why ambition, drive, smarts, and a desire to learn trump any resumé
- Why no one cares about what you “want to do”, but only what you’ve done.
- “Don’t leave me inspired without giving be a next step”
- Why you should learn something new everyday… and learning cross functionally
- Why our should ask yourself, “what do I want to be known for?” – go learn that
- Why you should chase down the influencers, your heroes, and connect with them by to adding value
- How you can find a virtual PHD on the web, all for free
- Why you need to put yourself out there, get things out of your head and see who responds
- The challenge of learning how to ask people for help
- The 4 – 1 – 1 rule
- How your passion projects and creativity dramatically improve your day job
- Why there’s no such thing as work/life balance, but alignment
- How Megadeath ties back to B2B marketing
- Why job titles don’t mean a thing – “don’t worry about job titles, but getting paid what you’re worth”
- and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Jason’s Twitter: @jasonmillerca
His music blog: Rock n’ Roll Cocktail
Book refered: Content Rules by Anne Handley and CC Chapman
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Up In Your Business podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions, please shoot me a note on the “Get In Touch” page.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thank you to our guest for joining me for such a great episode. Until next time!